Castreren. Steriliseren. Begin er niet aan. Het is onnodig en kan zelfs averechts werken. Wat te denken van een gecastreerde reu die ineens lekker en interessant kan ruiken voor de andere reuen en daardoor ‘bestegen’ wordt door sekse-genoten? Dat is toch niet je bedoeling?
Photo left: A total destroyed coat as a result of sterilization. I had to work for hours to correct this.
Effects of neutering:
– Growing thick and chubby. Yes … so they say, the dog must be on a diet. It’s easy! You take away lots of fun for yor dog and have to buy expensive food.
– Large coat problems … extra costs for a trimmer several times a year.
– A increased chance for epilepsy after such surgery. Just aks the association.
– Character-changing and often not for the better.
– Drying of thenose, sore cracks as a result.
– Serious risk of permanent incontinence!
And you get a dog that is no longer great to look at with a coat like a Texel sheep. Only occasionally s this problem has not occurred, but that is a rarity. And I’ve already had many dogs on the grooming table.
All good genes from the dog is basically thrown away!
Photo right: A totally ‘destroyed’ tail, which fortunately can be made presentable again.